Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Blossoming Tree

Spring Blossoming Tree by linfrye
Spring Blossoming Tree, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for believing in our orchard project and voting --- please continue to do so daily. We are so far behind and with our current state of emergency and clean up following the horrible tornado damage, our voting campaign will take another hit.

I found a short-cut to the voting page:

www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

OR the typical method:
www.CommunitiesTakeRoot.com
Choose: North Carolina
Click on "Plant"
Click on "List by State"
Click on " Smithfield - The Arboretum at Johnston Community College"
VOTE DAILY!!!

Again, many thanks.

This painting is another from the archives, done wet into wet and trying to achieve that 'etheral' spring blossom look. As I look out my windows this morning, the trees have already dressed themselves in shades of chartruese, lime, ochre and green .... it seems just last weekend I was wondering when those last bare limbs would get on some clothes -- and look at that -- a week later, and they're already leafed out!

Hope your week is splendid! And again, thank you!

7 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Lin,

This is spectacular!

I hope you are safe in N. Carolina,

xoxo

Lorraine said...

Oh so wispy and springy. It really conveys that fleeting time in the spring when one day there are buds, the next day blooms and then a wind comes along and the next day -- the greens as you describe. Or at least it seems that way to me. Life is flying by at an alarming rate.

Go as easy as you can this week and try to take the damage in stride -- easy for me to say, I know, but many are holding you in their hearts and thoughts and wishing for the best and voting!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Glorious colors Lin. So happy you are safe!

Joan said...

I like your blossoming tree...just enough detail.

I hope that the damage to your area can be put right quickly. The tv reports on it were terrible.

Hope your day is great!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lin,

Beautiful painting. I will try that short cut to vote. I don't think my vote went through. Thank God you are all safe.

All the best to you,
Joan

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Take care Lin... bad weather up your neck of the woods. Love your Spring tree very delicate and Springy looking.

Katiejane said...

This is so cheerful and springy, although I know that you and your state is devastated at present. It looks so optimistic. My thoughts are with you all.