Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Summer Oxford Fields

Summer Oxford Fields by linfrye
Summer Oxford Fields, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Yesterdays warm temps invited us out again for another walk at one of our local parks. On the drive there, we passed some of the old fields I love to stop and photograph especially when wildlflowers blanket the rolling land.

I simplified this painting from one of those images taken last summer. Right now, green grass is the only covering on that field, and I am eager for the wild mustards, rumex, daisies and other 'wilds' to brighten a landscape I love.

Rain, strong winds and cooler temps are on tap today ...perhaps the rain will entice some of those wildflower seeds into blooming ....

Have a safe day!

3 comments:

Joan said...

I love the blanket of colorful flowers at the base of the tree.

We are having rain, with more expected throughout the week. I guess it will be good for the flowers. I've seen touches of forsythia in bloom...I can't wait for the riot of yellow that will appear. Enjoy!

Teri said...

Oh what a pretty view. Spring for sure.

Lorraine said...

Ah I remember these scenes well, from NC and from VT. You've captured one beautifully and I love the addition of the bright flowers against the more neutrals of the trees and ground. Lovely composition too. I hope your rain brings lots of May flowers!
Hugs,
Lorraine