Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Waters - Fransen - "A Walk in the Woods"

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Getting the colors right on my screen for this painting has been a real challenge ... the wonderful reds and yellows in the painting itself seem to make the scanner go crazy!! (Maybe it too loves autumn!! LOL) Nonetheless, my thanks to Fran for the inspiration and the autumn view (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fahansen/6336108819/in/photostream) -- her photograph that literally had me YEARNING to join her for a walk in these woodlands! Blessings and thanks once more, Fran!!!

Our workshop has been a blend of demonstrations and painting with critiques ...an interesting way of learning. Each of us choose our own images and we were encouraged to have Freeman critique and assist. I've had a good amount of time to paint, which has been a blessing in itself...and I've throughly enjoyed the week. Like most things, I truly hate to see it end!

The rain is behind us, but oh my, my woodlands no longer look like this painting. Bare trees are ever more visible, and the leaf litter at my feet is inches high. Temps are supposed to climb a bit this weekend -- another tease of fall ...but the loss of color in the landscape is more prediction of winter.

Hope your day is great!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh this is OUTSTANDING Lin. The thing that amazes me most about this painting is the levels or different depths -- just as in a photo or more accurately, in real life, it's as if I am standing on the edge of this scene and looking at what is nearest to me and then the things that come next and so on and so on all the way to the back of the scene.

The colors are lovely despite the cranky computer/printer and the whole scene just says FALL in beautiful color everywhere I look. Truly a gorgeous painting -- love the details and yet the softness and all the colors blending so well together. I could go on and on and on! BRAVO.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Just beautiful....again...as all your paintings are.

Joan Tavolott said...

Oooooooooooh! Wonderful color in this one and the one below! Great blending of the colors. I can almost hear the crisp crunch of the leaves.

Have a great weekend!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Oh Yes Lin, Outstanding. Beautiful colors and great composition. I have missed so many of you post and each and every one of them is truly magnificent.

Have a great weekend.
Joan