Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Flowers in Red - Ernesto

Flowers in Red - Ernesto by linfrye
Flowers in Red - Ernesto, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

A special thanks to my dear friend Ernesto for allowing me to use one of his incredible photographs for this work. Please check out his wonderfully inspiring photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/vilageron/ .

The cold has arrived - and after our bout of rain yesterday, the leaves are falling fast from the trees. Walking from my house to the mailbox is like walking in colorful litter -- only a bit crunchier! LOL

It'll be a super busy week as we prepare our grounds and celebrations for orchard planting next week -- it's exciting to think that we'll soon have over 40 fruit trees in the ground - and after a few years - delicious fruit to share! Each time I eat an apple, I'll be dreaming of these trees!

Hope your day is magnificent!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful and unusual color Lin. Red yes but such an interesting shade. I love it -- so vibrant and so Fall! Kudos to you once again!

I just while you were offline a couple days realized how greedy I am for a new painting from you each day. You have spoiled us beyond reason!! Thank you for all the glorious artwork you've created and shared through the years you've painted and blogged.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Gosh, these are so beautiful Lin! Love the colors.

Joan Tavolott said...

I love the drama and energy in this!!! Bravo!

Glad your trip was good even with all the delays! Enjoy!!