Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sunset - Moment of Magnificence - Thank You Fran!

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

A Moment of Magnificence - inspired by Fran's fabulous photograph (www.flickr.com/photos/fahansen/6333363505/in/photostream) ... please stop by her flickr stream to see some wonderful, wonderful photos! THANK YOU Fran for the inspiration!!

My watercolor classes are going well - it's always interesting to see how different folks approach a painting ...! I LOVE Freeman's work (fbeardart.com/) - he makes it look so simple! LOL We've painted snow (will post soon), and yesterday we watched him paint a waterfall ...last, he'll demonstrate painting fall scenes. We paint today and I have a photo of mine that I'd like to attempt -- fingers crossed.

The weather's turned cold ... and we've had some good rain. With each bluster of the wind, more and more leaves fall ... and I am startled each time I look up to see so many branches losing their cloak of color ....

I can hardly believe that the holidays are upon us .. and with each advertisement, I'm beginning to panic to get some holiday shopping done.

And yet,
And yet,

I want to linger - longer still - in the remaining colors of fall ....

I so LOVE this season!

2 comments:

Teri said...

GORGALICIOUS!!

Lorraine said...

Such a dreamy, serene fall scene. I love the quietness of it -- and the colors. It reminds me of the Smokies and looks like fall is going to sleep to make way for winter. Which it is here --- brrr -- 20's at night but at least sun instead of rain.

So glad you are enjoying your class and can't wait to see the snow scene.
Big hugs,
Lorraine