Thursday, December 01, 2011

Fall Flowers - Almost All Gone

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

December 1 -- and yet here and there in my own garden and at the Arboretum, I can find flowers that have not yet succumbed to the frost and cold. A few knock-out roses, some of my red verbena, clematis, and here and there, since it has been so warm during the day -- a few IRIS have been fooled into blooming!

These fall flowers were painted more in memory than in reality - as all of my daisylike flowers are slumbering for the winter. I wanted to paint something somewhat soft while using my splash and splatter approach. These remind me of some of those wonderful Thanksgiving bouquets that bright such cheer to the season.

Our soap crafting class was a BLAST! Oh my gracious -- so much going on - great creations, wonderful scents, herbs, ideas, and everyone went home with gifts for the holiday. We've been asked to hold another class so we'll probably do that in January. It was a late night, as expected, and so I'll be dragging as we weed the Plant a Row beds this morning and collect more of our cole crops for the hungry.

Hope your day is terrific!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh how lovely. Winter to summer in just one day on your blog! The soft colors and the soft feel to the painting method makes these flowers seem dreamy but still bright and colorful on a cold day!!

Very cold here too; frost on the pumpkin (and the car windshield) for sure. Brrr. I'm definitely not ready for winter yet so thank you for this beautiful summery reminder.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

This has a lovely feel to it!!! Great negative painting.

Your class sounds like fun!! What a busy person you are! Enjoy the day!!!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Lin, this painting is so beautiful, so very delicate.

Teri said...

I just played 'catch-up'.....each one is just so beautiful Lin. Just beautiful!