Monday, July 09, 2012

Grapes

Grapes by linfrye
Grapes, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/2 sheet
Arches 140#CP

Oh yes -- I AM DEFINITELY enjoying retirement; though I have overcommitted myselfff and am as busy as I was when working (surprised??? LOLOL)

I'll be working with a group of youngsters tomorrow as we learn about squash and zucchini and make zucchini bread. While that's cooking, I'll lead them in a painting exercise. Should be deliciously fun.

I also agreed to help with a trip we'd planned from the Arboretum since my former assistant will be out of town -- I'll be taking two vans of guests on a wine tour of our county --- including one winery that is presumed to be haunted!!

So to get in the mood, I've been painting grapes ....

Though I like both versions, I think I prefer the cropped version -- but you decide ...



We're still expecting a cooling down of temperatures, but as of yet, it's still in the mid 90s and the promised rain hasn't made an appearance .... so maybe tonight?

Meanwhile - I hope you have a great week!!!

4 comments:

Teri Casper said...

I am not at all surprised you are as busy as when you were working. Soon you will wonder how you had time to work. lol
Gorgeous painting and sounds like a fun trip.

Lorraine said...

Jeez Lin, that's like saying: do you like this cheesecake or that cheesecake better!
I love them both. I can't choose. I'd have to close my eyes and pick one. They are both gorgeous. WOW. It's nice to see your grapes again after a "vacation."

Yes, as I told you, after you retired, you'd wonder how you ever had time to work. Sounds like you are enjoying your activities though and that's all that's important. What a terrific combination -- making zucchini bread and painting while it cooks.

The cool weather is coming; just hold out one more day. Oh what a difference 20 degrees makes -- an in the mornings -- 30! I have energy again. I thought it was gone for good after all those three digit days.

Have fun on the trip and I hope you see the ghost!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan T said...

Wonderful coloring in the grapes!!! They look yummy enough to eat. Glad you are enjoying retirement and keeping busy!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Lin! Glad ya'll had a good time at the vineyard. --Tiffany