Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Berries and Leaves

Fall Berries and Leaves by linfrye
Fall Berries and Leaves, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

Mercy, those Mondays that start with no Internet service, rain, sick children, and cancelled appointments really set a tone don't they?!!! URGH!! But for now, my service has been restored, and I'm hurrying to post this before the rain causes another Internet failure ...

On a good note, as I look out my window, the muted tones are 'beginning' to turn a bit more golden ... and I've my fingers crossed for red leaves soon ...

I'd like to thank everyone for posting their fall colors -- you cannot know how cheered they've made me -- BLESS YOU!

These berries and leaves are done from imagination - and are closest to those of Virginia Creeper. I am really a fan of fall - berries, harvests, festivals, colors - and so I'm working my way through enjoying autumn by painting it as frequently as I can.

I hope you have a great week!!!!

3 comments:

Teri Casper said...

You always paint the most beautiful parts of nature.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support this past week.
Big hugs my friend.

Joan T said...

This is lovely...and so autumnal!! Sorry you lost service and things were a bit hectic for you.

Are you getting excited about your upcoming workshop? Maybe we'll have some autumn colors by the time you get up here. Enjoy!

Lorraine said...

Glorious!! I love how you have defined the edges of the leaves and then lost them into glorious color!! And the bright red berries against those lovely yellow/gold range of colors. What an image to have in one's mind. I applaud your mind Lin!!!

Sorry your day started off so miserably but glad that partial order has been restored.

Thanks for the glorious paintings!
Big hugs,
Lorraine