Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Berries and Leaves

Fall Berries and Leaves by linfrye
Fall Berries and Leaves, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

10" x 14" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

Mercy, those Mondays that start with no Internet service, rain, sick children, and cancelled appointments really set a tone don't they?!!! URGH!! But for now, my service has been restored, and I'm hurrying to post this before the rain causes another Internet failure ...

On a good note, as I look out my window, the muted tones are 'beginning' to turn a bit more golden ... and I've my fingers crossed for red leaves soon ...

I'd like to thank everyone for posting their fall colors -- you cannot know how cheered they've made me -- BLESS YOU!

These berries and leaves are done from imagination - and are closest to those of Virginia Creeper. I am really a fan of fall - berries, harvests, festivals, colors - and so I'm working my way through enjoying autumn by painting it as frequently as I can.

I hope you have a great week!!!!

3 comments:

Teri said...

You always paint the most beautiful parts of nature.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support this past week.
Big hugs my friend.

Joan Tavolott said...

This is lovely...and so autumnal!! Sorry you lost service and things were a bit hectic for you.

Are you getting excited about your upcoming workshop? Maybe we'll have some autumn colors by the time you get up here. Enjoy!

Lorraine said...

Glorious!! I love how you have defined the edges of the leaves and then lost them into glorious color!! And the bright red berries against those lovely yellow/gold range of colors. What an image to have in one's mind. I applaud your mind Lin!!!

Sorry your day started off so miserably but glad that partial order has been restored.

Thanks for the glorious paintings!
Big hugs,
Lorraine