Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Jean and Lin - Part One

Jean and Lin - Part One by linfrye
Jean and Lin - Part One, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

What an absolute JOY it was to finally meet Jean Haines. I read about her workshop in New York almost nine months ago (from Jean's website - www.jeanhaines.com), and I immediately signed up for the class. I typically make several trips a year to NY to visit my sisters and mom, and I thought what a fabulous experience it would be to be able to combine the two!

I truly felt blessed to have the privilege of taking a watercolor class from this incredibly talented, enthusiastic, exciting and inspirational artist!!!

The sessions began with an introductory 'demonstration' by Jean on Friday night. This demo was also part of an open house exhibition of local Long Island artists at the Art League of Long Island.

As Jean began her demonstration, the room began to fill, and fill, and fill, until by the time half an hour had passed, there was standing room only!!! LOL

Jean talked about her love of watercolor, some of her paints, papers, methods, and began painting - to the oohs and ahhs and flashes of cameras as everyone sat on the edge of their seats to take in everything she was saying.

Jean graciously signed books or pamphlets or posed for photographs ... and all too soon the demo ended, and we went home to anticipate two full days of Jean's workshop.

I've included a few photos from the workshop ....

More to follow ...

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh how fantastic but this dummy could not find the photos you included. Could you clue me in???

I love the shirt she was wearing but of course I loved your "original Lin" shirt more LOL.

I'm glad she got such a great reception and hope she was able to make her next class before the storm hit.

Thanks so much for sharing with us all.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

She did such a great demo. I'm so glad you let us know about it.

Enjoy your day. It is cold and rainy up here today!!!