Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rosey Grapes - FIRST PLACE!

Rosey Grapes - FIRST PLACE! by linfrye
Rosey Grapes - FIRST PLACE!, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/4 Sheet Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

I painted another series of grapes after I visited Doris -- and for this particular one, I wanted my grapes to be a bit rosey - almost like one would find in a rose wine ...

I entered it in the Kerr-Lake Art Society Autumn Exhibit -- and won first place for watercolor!! I AM THRILLED TO PIECES!!! Even comes with a monetary gift! WOW!

Thank each of you for your encouragement and kindness during my 'watercolor journey' ... Truly, you cannot know how your comments and invitations and generosity have kept my brushes moving along white paper ...

Blessings and gratitude!

5 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! This is lovely and to have it recognized as a winner in a show is great!

Enjoy your day! I'm off to meet friends for lunch and shopping today.

Lorraine said...

This is SO gorgeous Lin. What a beauty. I can see why it won first place. The way you have painted the colors is magnificent and the detail superb.

I am so happy for you and so proud of your accomplishment. You should bask in this glory and enjoy every moment of your success -- you've worked so hard at your watercolor and you deserve all this and more.
Hugs and heartiest congratulations,
Lorraine

Lise Steenerson said...

Well deserved. This is an amazing painting!!!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - this is wonderful...oooh I love it. Glad you chose rosey colors for your grapes because they really look beautiful with the leaves. Hope you will celebrate! Take care and God Bless.

Jane said...

Lin this is an absolute stunner, of course you would win the first place !