Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Fall's Twilight

Fall's Twilight by linfrye
Fall's Twilight, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/4 Sheet Mixed Media - watercolor, webbing, frosty ink
Arches 140#CP

I am still playing with abstracts, and as always, I am reluctant to let go of autumn -- so I finished this abstract I began lasa month with more autumnal colors with an emphasis on yellow and blue. I liked the motif I did last month and used the same ideas to finish this larger work.

I'm feverishly working on Christmas gift paintings and preparations for the holidays. My son told me today that by the doctor's reports, the baby has begun his descent and should be here before next week ...

I'm off to sling paint! Have a great week!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh this is truly lovely. I'll never look at abstracts in the same way again. They all pale by comparison to this. The way you did the leaves, is absolutely inspired and on that background -- perfect. And the black webbing adds just the right touch. Congratulations on mastering the abstract world!!!

Good luck with all your last minute preparations and for the upcoming new grand!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

I love the richness of this!!! Nicely done!

Ooh...a baby soon. That is exciting!!! What a nice way to start the holidays. Enjoy!!!

Teri said...

Wow oh wow, another beauty. I love the strong colors in your abstracts.