Saturday, December 29, 2012

Roses for Taylor

9" x 12" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

Visiting with the grands is always a joy -- Each time we see them, they seem to have grown by feet instead of inches!!! Bringing all four of the 'older' cousins together simply quadrupled the enjoyment -- and of course, the noise levels! LOL We've been eating, and playing different electronic games, bouncing, and running -- riding bikes -- and did I mention -- running -- running! LOL So good to see them all together. The oldest two tend to act as older siblings and really help out with the younger girls ... quite grown up I must say. Lot of pictures... and another bank of memories.

This painting was a request from my granddaughter, Taylor, for 'pink flowers. She liked it too ...

Hope your holidays were joyous! Countdown for the remainder of 2012 .. where did the time go????

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Your time with the grands sounds like fun but exhausting. Kids have that endless supply of energy until they just drop and fall asleep. lol Love the colors and the shading. Nicely done!!!

We are expecting a touch of snow later today, but mixed with rain here near the coast. If we're getting snow I'd rather have some that I can actually paint.

Enjoy your weekend!!

Lorraine said...

Lovely roses Lin. I really like how you painted the shades of color. So cheerful. I'm sure Taylor will love it more and more as she grows up. And what a terrific gift and to be able to say: my Nonna painted that!!

Wow, you were brave, taking the older grands to be with the younger grands. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

We finally had snow last night but not much. For the third time this week we were spared the several inches that parts of KY got. And I ready for spring LOL.

Hugs,
Lorraine

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Lin - your post makes me smile because of the joy that bubbles out when you write about your grandbabies. I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year. The roses are exquisite Lin and I am sure Taylor loves them so.