Sunday, April 16, 2006

EXHAUSTED with an Empty Nest Syndrome



We've spent the weekend with the grands ... such FUN!!! Laughter, food, naps, baths, playing dolls, balls, rides in the wagon, swings, slides, picking up gumballs, preparing food, meals, clean up, more playing, more clean up, reading books, going for a walk, more rides in the wagon, bed, food, more food, Easter surprises and egg hunt, sweets, and before I knew it, the weekend and holiday were gone, and the grands gone back home with their mom and dad.

The house echoes with quiet, and the babies' empty beds make me a bit sad. Though my arms ache and throb from lifting these growing toddlers, their laughter and their smiles remain in mind and in the journals I keep for them.

But I can't help but think how mighty fast the time flies. Wasn't it only yesterday I was doing this for MY CHILDREN!

5 comments:

Tami said...

I think you are so much more aware of how fast the time flies by the time you have grand children! What a lovely post, I too spent the day with my Grand children. Fortunately, they have always lived close to us, however, Mom and Dad are currently looking for property in another state. My heart is lonely already.

Lydia Velarde said...

OOOOOOOOOOOh I can't wait until I'm a granny! I love the artichokes! Nice drawing.

Anonymous said...

OUr nest just became empty today--no grandchildren yet, but all the children were here for Easter. I loved it but am grateful for the peace and quiet!

Terri said...

I asked an Aunt of mine (who has 18 grandchildren!!!) if the grands grow up as fast as your own children do and she said 'faster'. So enjoy every moment. I intend to. :o)

Felicity Grace said...

This drawing is so symbolic! I can't wait til I'm a gran but have a few years yet! It must be wonderful.