Friday, April 07, 2006

My Trellis


I woke up this morning to rain. After a few hours, the sun peeked through the clouds, only to play a game of 'Where Am I' with the clouds and the wind. The pollen is getting thick and heavy, and with the wind blowing, sure makes a wonderful coat of yellow over everything!

I've been sketching flowers for the last few weeks, so I decided today to broaden my subjects. HA! I walked outside and was hit with so much in bloom I could hardly stand it! Flowers on the elm trees, flowers still on the maples, flowers on the oaks, the pine flowers covered in dusty yellow, my allspice bush (along with heavenly wafts of perfume!), and my trellis--abloom with Carolina jessamine.

So I gave in -- and sketched the trellis as it welcomes guests to the secret garden. Guess you could say I've got a soft spot for the flora! LOL

4 comments:

Karen Sandstrom said...

Hi Lin!
Wonderful trellis. It's so strange how much more colorful things are down where you are compared to up here in Ohio, where we just had a little snow the other day. I love the lemon grouping, too. Your note there made me wonder what you had been using before you got your new supplies.

Terri said...

I can almost smell the perfume in the air as you describe this. :o) Lovely trellis Lin. I'll be it is gorgeous in person too. Lucky you. :o)

Teri said...

BEAUTIMOUS LIN. WOW OH WOW!! Wonderful job, gee, I can almost smell those flowers.

Linda said...

Beautiful trellis! I'll bet your garden is amazing this time of year!