Friday, April 21, 2006

Snowball Viburnum


These glorious shrubs are in full bloom! I sat on my porch (resting for tomorrow's sale) and sketched and painted. The scent of tea olive was on the soft breezes, the gentle rain felt refreshing, and the song of birds: cardinal, sparrow, bluebirds, crows, and goldfinch kept me company.

In between watching my pencil lines, I kept an eye on the male and female bluebirds as they flew back and forth between finding suitable food and feeding same to their babies in the nest.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! You have really shown the full, bountiful blooms on their mop heads and their depths of whites and greens. This will be one of my favorite Lin sketches.

Linda said...

This is really a wonderful little painting! I've been gone for a week, and am amazed at how much you've done in such a short time. All of it is really very inspiring!

Terri said...

This sounds perfect. :o) Gorgeous drawing too Lin. I tried to grow these once but they didn't like the soil type or climate we had. :o(

Carole said...

Lin, this is beautiful. I can practically smell it. It looks like the white lilac that we have here. I'm not very good with plants :)

Hope your plant sale goes well.

Tami said...

Wonderful picture you have painted, both with your words and with your brush. I love Viburnum, it is so soft looking when it starts to bloom.

Marilyn said...

Lin,
You do such beautiful 'portraits' of your surrounding natural setting. Your property must be a joy.

Lindsay said...

These posts are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that your viburnum is in bloom already! I do miss all the lushness of southern springs and all my plants and bushes. Bout time I started doing something with this old place. Thanks for the inspiration, bella.