Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rebeccas Zucchini


Rebeccas Zucchini
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Yes -- I know -- it looks like a squash or a green pumpkin -- but Rebecca assures me that it's a different kind of zucchini grown by her sister -- isn't it amazing?

I painted this without any lines at all -- watercolor to paper -- one of the few I've ever done -- as simple as this form is, eliminating my beloved pencil sure made me think before I added a stroke! I'll have to practice this more often -- !

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow that is unusual. But girl, I am so impressed with your work. The wonderfully rounded curves, and the light hitting the front -- and no pencil. Wow! I'm impressed!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Looks like a pumpkin to me.
No pencil ... you brave girl.

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a zucchini like this either...looks just like a green pumpkin. Great for you for starting directly with mass instead of line! Nice painting Lin
ronell

Carol said...

I have had this kind of zucchini. A friend grew some in her garden. So with that, it looks like a zucchini to me. Great job painting right on the paper. I enjoy your work.