Monday, January 14, 2008

Another for Lanfranco, Marmolada


Another for Lanfranco, Marmolada
Originally uploaded by linfrye
From the Dolomites of Italy, Lanfranco (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanfranco) shoots some of the most spectacuar images of his beloved country. This mountain, Mamolada, is called the "Queen of the Dolomites' and Lanfranco allowed me to attempt my first mountain painting experience!

I can only imagine the vastness of this range -- the rock outcrops, the enormity of the sky, the fields and the spectacular view. It's an "Italy" I have yet the privilege to see -- but thru images such as Lanfranco's, I'm able to 'armchair' travel and to learn more about a country with which I'm enamored.

I hope this pleases you, my friend!

PS - My grandson, Nick, turned three this month and we celebrated his birthday with cake, ice cream and another round of toys! His favorite -- a huge track and toy train! Perhaps someday he can imagine a train trip throughout the country of my dreams!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am amazed at how you were able to shape the mountains so well. I know I keep saying this, but I could not get the contours of mountains to look like mountains! The whole painting is a feast for the eyes. I just looked and looked and looked. Great job!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

OMG! this is just GORGEOUS!!!

Tami said...

WOW! Lin, your painting skills have just JUMPED forward lately; you've been bustin' out those darks and doing a GREAT job using them to POP you paintings! This is OUTSTANDING!!!!

Love the pics of Nick! Maybe some day he can go with his Nonna and take a train trip thru the country of her dreams!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh. I really and truly thought that you were showing us the reference photo, until I did a close up. Oh my gosh. This is really and truly wonderful.

And Nick is a real cutie! ;-)