Saturday, January 12, 2008

Blue mug and Lemon


Blue mug and Lemon
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I'm dashing back to work this morning for an 8-hour class I'm to teach -- so it's going to be a busy day and I'll be 'sketching' this evening when I return from another long drive and even longer day.

This was sketched in my Raffine all media journal -- and while I like the convenience of a sprial-bound journal and its portability and this paper that can take a good deal of water, the one drawback is that even after the paint has set, adding additional layers reactivates the paint layer beneath. So this blue mug was even more challenging since it required about six or seven layers of paint in order to get the blue values deep enough ...

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh my, you are SO patient. But your patience always pays off and the still life is lovely. I especially like the lemon shadow on the mug. Very nice lines too.
So sorry you have to work on a Saturday!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Tami said...

Wow! Great reflections! I know what you mean about the "reactivating of the paint" when you add layers in the raffine... Sorry you don't get to rest and play today...I've finally gotten settled down enough to paint again, love visiting, miss painting!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Lin-I can't beleive how far you have come!!!! This is wonderful-down to every last detail. The reflections, shadows-all of it!!!

hugs, chris

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

very nice. love the simplicity of this one.

Teri said...

Beautiful colors and that reflection is wonderful!

Laura Frankstone said...

You really got the mugginess of that mug! Look how beautifully drawn and painted it is---and the lemon, too! You're the Breakthrough Kid!

mARTa said...

Beautifully intense blue and the reflection of the lemon is wonderful.