Thursday, January 03, 2008

Lemons and Limes


Lemons and Limes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
SIGH -- Returning to work -- not too bad as far as actual 'work' is concerning -- but mercy, how I miss being home with leisure time to paint, to think, to STUDY what I so want to learn -- WATERCOLOR and SKETCHING! But, all things considered, working does pay the bills -- or most of them! LOL

After working almost exclusively on watercolor paper the last two weeks, I'm readjusting to my sketch paper (what I use when I travel) and adjusting again to STOPPING at 'sketch' insteading of 'pushing' toward 'polish' ...which will have to wait until the weekends. This 'adjustment' reminds me of the sentence used for lost and found edges -- the 'push and pull' of it ... Yep, that's what I'm experiencing ... pushing and pulling ... and looking at the calendar for the next extended vacation!! LOL

10 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

This is lovely, Lin - so delicate.

Lorraine said...

Lovely bowl of lemons and limes -- just what we need more of in the winter. I really crave the taste this time of year. I think you captured the silver bowl beautifully. That is really difficult to do.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Robyn Sinclair said...

Your silver bowl looks terrific and I love the combination with the lemons and limes, Lin.

Lynn said...

The silver bowl is just perfect! And the lemons and lime are lovely. I agree, it is hard adjusting back to work after having time off. Hang in there!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Lin-great work! Love the silver bowl-wonderful effect!
hugs, chris

Teri said...

This is so lovely Lin. Those reflections are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful reflections in your bowl Lin and the green and yellows work so well together. Good luck with getting into routine again!
Ronell

Claudia said...

Lin, you did another great job on this!

starrgirl's world said...

This is lovely, Lin. I marvel at your progress! The drawing is fluid, the colors are yummy - Wow! but I, too, mourn the vacation time past. Back to work for a long gray winter now...

Anonymous said...

Wowee! The silver looks so shiny and the lemons so lemony! Congratulations on stopping at sketch and letting it be fresh and light!