Friday, January 25, 2008

Thistle


histle
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Home -- at last! But only for a short time as my dd has to go out of town for her job and I'll be spending the week babysitting. I'll have to work a bit via emails and phone calls -- the overflow of 'musts' continues -- but hopefully it won't be as frantic as the last three days have been.

Temperatures are doing some wild see-sawing this week as well -- two days in the 40s, two in the teens .... BRR!

I quickly sketched this thistle last evening after yet another meeting -- did you know thistles were relatives of artichokes?

5 comments:

Joan said...

I love the colors in this one. Thistles are so pretty. You did a great job on this one. I like all the texture in the base. Hope it's warming up by you. It's much too cold here in NY.

Lorraine said...

Thistles and artichokes -- hmm, interesting. I have always loved thistles and yours is a delight, especially in the middle of winter. Our temps are record lows past few days and going into the 50's this weekend! Typical weird weather.
Have a good week with the little one and don't overdo it! Paint like crazy while she naps; I hope she still naps! LOL
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

I didn't know that Lin. This is a beautiful thistle.

Tami said...

Nice job on it's thistliness! enjoy your baby hugging in between the stuff you have to do for work. Maybe while they are down for naps you will get some painting time in... Yup, I did know about thistles and artichokes.

Desiree's Designs said...

So glad your home, I love your thisle, I thought their blooms were blue, do you have a pink one?