Wednesday, July 22, 2009
My Garden Tomatoes
My garden tomatoes are finally ripening enough to gather! I'm growing four varieties - an Italian plum, Marglobe, Better Boy (my husband's favorite) and these, an Italian hybrid that, though not shaped like the grapes they were supposed to, are more like an enormous cherry tomato - and just on the cusp between the acidic I love and that wonderful sweetness that tomatoes have -- YUMM! I can't wait to get home to gather more - and turn them into one of my favorite, easy to cook recipes that uses fresh tomatoes, a few dried tomatoes, somebit of all the squash that is being harvested, olive oil, butter, onions and basil and served over spaghetti -- WOWZA! My mouth is watering already! LOL I snapped a few photos of my tomatoes before I left for the week and painted these at Rebecca's last night.
I have been graced by two of my Flickr friends with the "Stroke of the Brush Award." THANK YOU to Krista (http://hopeineveryday.blogspot.com/) and Claire (http://www.clairessketchbook.blogspot.com/) for the award! I am to tell seven things about me you probably don't know. Mercy, after all I write here about myself, I'm having difficulty thinking of seven things I haven't ever mentioned! LOL Oh well, here goes:
* I can't sing a note - though I've tried, and I'm mighty spirited, I can't carry a tune in the shower .. sigh
* I love walking and prefer walking to driving
* I don't mind spiders or snakes - I just don't like when they surprise me
* I'm still wearing clothes that I purchased over 15 years ago ....I HATE SHOPPING!
* I love books of all types
* I've been creating my own soap for over 5 years and my family has used no other since I began making it.
* If I had my druthers, I'd love to travel far more than I do, even though I really love being home.
Now, as the rules go I am to pass this along to 7 others - but I truly have a hard time with this -- so, please, if you are so inclined and read this - I consider you a friend and worthy of this most generous gift .... and please, pass it on too!
I'm off for the day to coordinate my Art Council's plein air event. We're going to a Tobacco Farm Life Museum -- lots of architecture and shade trees for the heat that is supposed to come this afternoon.
OH! I'd also like to invite you to send a ecard from the Arboretum!!! It's a new feature on our webpage and uses some of the flowers we have growing here --
I hope you enjoy it -- and the day!