Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sundown


Sundown
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

The meeting last night went well - and even though we had a few showers, the heaviest rain seemed to pass us by.

I got to the B&B late, though, and didn't finish the simple sketch I was doing -- just too tired, I suppose. I painted this sundown scene this weekend -- attempting a different color pallet - more toward the blues and dark magentas withe\ spots of yellow -- and eliminating the pinks . I haven't made it to the beach yet this summer, so I was glad to attempt 'the beach' in some way! LOL

It's raining as I"m writing and I've another day of meetings. C tells me we've still had no rain at home -- I wonder if I can hitch one of these clouds to my car and haul it north! LOL

Hope your day is filled with color!

6 comments:

Fredericks said...

Hi Lin
It was so nice to see you on my blog and read your comments on my entry on the topic of painting loose.

Waters are sure a challenging media, and you are doing well on your journey. I like your idea of painting a little every day. That is the only way to expect growth.

This picture is almost archetypal. Its a classic coastline view which lures photographers and artists and beach strollers.

Good work Lin, and thanks again for dropping by.

Fredericks.(Win)

Teri C said...

STUNNING!!!!

Sandy said...

Spiritual - beautiful capture.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know about a new forum for artists as well as musicians, fashion designers, and filmmakers, http://www.PutItOn.com. As an artist I think that the mission is really great. The site gives you a free gigabyte of space for portfolio, there is no commission taken for sales, audio and visual works can been streamed in their entirety, you can create live personal broadcasts for your followers, and anything you write will be translated into 10 languages. So check it out!

Joan said...

Lin - I like your beach sunset!!! Great colors and I love the silhouette of the grasses.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the way the sun reflects on the water. That's a hard thing to get just right and yours is lovely. I wish we could send you some rain; it's getting downright ridiculously wet here!
Hugs,
Lorraine