Monday, October 12, 2009

Flowered Building


Flowered Building
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

I thought I'd change the pace a bit and post something a bit different. I found a photo reference to this flowered building, and since I hadn't sketched or painted a piece of architecture lately, thought I'd post it. Those greens were challenging taking up an entire wall! LOL I painted this about ten days ago.

Thank you all for your kind comments yesterday. I do feel I'm experimenting with a different approach to my paintings, and I'm finding myself impatient with my own inclinations towards detailing too much - NOT that that impatience is enough to keep me from falling into repeating that habit , but I'm feeling that frustration that comes when you're trying to make some needed changes and you're not quite 'there' yet. So thank you again for your encouragment!

I'm off to work and an overfilled day of teaching and preparing for being out of the office all week with trips and conferences ... so if I will be off the computer for quite a while today.

Hope your day is grand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely painting Lin -- so colorful and bright. Thanks again for sharing your art every day with us. I always love going to your blog every morning.
Have a good week.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teresa said...

Lin, that's lovely! You did an awesome job on the stonework.

Teri said...

It is so pretty with all the flowers and stonework. It has been awhile since we have seen something like this.