Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flowered Roadside


Flowered Roadside
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I'm including both views of the roadside near where I live.

The photo reference was taken a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to paint one last celebration of the profusion of Rudbeckias that blanketed the side of the road. There are some still in bloom, but with the deep dip in temperatures, many more of them have already withered.

The fair yesterday was wonderful! Though we started out cold, by afternoon, we were able to take off our coats and enjoy the 70F weather! Sun was shining, the garden and plant displays were incredibly imaginative and informative, and we've even more ideas to implement.

Today and for the rest of the week we ready things for Thursday's planting dedication. I've a ton of paperwork to wade through since I've been on the road -

Have a great day! And thank you all for your kindest remarks yesterday!

3 comments:

Teri said...

It is a lovely lovely peaceful scene Lin!

Pat said...

I have enjoyed your blog today on my coffee break. Thanks for a peaceful moment in a hectic day.

Lorraine said...

I llove them both but this one has a lot more detail in it; great job! Our color is in full riot here now after a night that went down to 29 early in the week. We are at 71 today -- typical fall but SO glad to see the sun.
Hugs,
Lorraine