Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aged Cottage - Oxford


Aged Cottage - Oxford
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

No, I didn't paint this last night. It was after 9:30 pm by the time everyone left the workshop and I drove to my friend's for the night. I was able to manage 15 minutes on a landscape between curriculum classes, the greenhouse and visitors and then the soap class. We got some of our seeds planted, but we'll be back in the greenhouse on Monday.

This wee cottage sits across from a churchyard en route to our home. I've given it a red roof, though the roof color in real life is hard to discern since the building looks as though it's been sitting on the property for years. It's surrounded by farmland and a bit of woods, and I love seeing the evidence here of earlier times.

We're in for a few days of rain and a quiet weekend.

Hope your day goes well!

3 comments:

Teri said...

So lovely and peaceful!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Lorraine said...

Lovely pastoral view; I love the red roof. Reminds me of barns in Vermont.

Rain here again today, sigh, and we're off to the state capitol to rally for state sovereignty. Fortunately it will be mainly indoors.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I always enjoy seeing your barn paintings. They give such a peaceful feeling!!! Enjoy!