Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Amy's Creamer


Amy's Creamer
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Returning to work and returning to the routine of being out of town sure makes a difference in what one can do in an evening with limited light, space, and equipment. I got to my friend's house yesterday and we caught up with holidays and work obligations ... by then, painting inspiration had fled, and so I borrowed one of her small creamers to get in my daily practice.

It was a good thing for me, though ... It's been a while since I worked on my drawing accuracy and the creation of simple shapes and forms. I may have to dedicate the rest of the week to sketching practice ....

Today is registration and I have back to back students from early morning until late tonight ... Maybe 'tomorrow' I'll catch up! LOL Look at this, second day at work and already behind! SIGH ...!!!!

Have a great one -- STAY WARM!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow; if this is what you can accomplish with all those limitations, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. Beautiful creamer Lin!!! And another in your line of conquests -- the shape is so well done and so realistic.

How well I remember the frenzy on the "return to work after the holidays." Pace yourself as best you can.
Hugs and stay warm,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I love the depth of color in this!!! Lovely job on the drawing of it and the painting of it.

Hope your day isn't too frenzied!! Have a good one!

Teri said...

What a strong color and perfect shape. Just wonderful.