Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fog on the Hillside -Thank you Guy

Daily Practice
Journal

It's warmed up - but raining, and raining, and raining. As I look out my window now, the rain is coming down in torrents, and even the front porch, protected by an overhang, is soaking wet.

This image is based on a photo taken by my dear friend Guy (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10422334@N08/). His photographs never fail to inspire me! Thank you, Guy!

The conference was terrific, but I am so glad to be off the road. I hope to rest some today - it's been a mighty long week.

My computer crashed yesterday morning and a good friend of my son's spent most of the night with us reinstalling programs. It's still crashing on me, so I hope he'll have the time to come back and fine tune things. Mercy ....

Thank you all for your most kind comments yesterday! And I sincerely hope you have a great day today! If I'm absent a bit, know it's computer issues.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh his photos are terrific. Thanks for the link. But then your painting is also. I love the soft bit of pink in the sky, telling us the fog will lift and the rain will stop and the sun WILL shine again -- it will, it will! Lovely painting Lin -- so soft and dreamy.

It's raining here too. Some of the outside cats are in the carriers. Like there, the wind is pushing the rain all the way up to the door so the entry way provides no protection.

Good luck with your computer. I so miss the files I lost when mine crashed.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Oh, the colors in this are GORGEOUS and it has such a peaceful mood!!! WELL DONE! Hope your weather improves and the computer problems are solved. Enjoy!

Teri said...

Oh gosh, it is just gorgeousgorgeousgorgeous!!!

Desiree's Designs said...

What a gorgeous painting, I love the soft edges and the colors!