Friday, January 08, 2010

Snowy Walk


Snowy Walk
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Nope -- didn't happen --- the dusting of snow we got barely covered the ground, at least in my part of NC. Our mountains (4 hours west) got over a foot, but here in the Piedmont, a few flakes. The cold, however, we got ... and will have for another few days. Elsewhere in the US, the weather is miserable with tons of snow, ice and sub-zero wind chills ... I suppose we must revise what we say these days -- we're not in a 'global warming' as much as we're experiencing 'climate change.' Record temperatures, shifts in snow patterns, prolonged heat and cold for weeks and during times not recorded before ... yep, things are changing all right.

Stay warm, and please, stay safe.

3 comments:

Teri said...

What a beautiful scene and I love the addition of the two people.

Lorraine said...

Love your snow painting and especially the people -- another of your triumphs!!

We got about 5 inches of snow and still bitter cold. Brr, I am hibernating as much as possible. I feel so bad for my outdoor kitties and all the others who must be outside, feline, canine and human!

And I have to agree about the weather. I had gotten so used to those mild winters that now I feel like I'm back in New England, well almost!
Stay warm, safe and well,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I'm enjoying seeing you add figures to your paintings this year!! Looks like a perfect, snowy place to walk. We had a bit of snow to cover the ground too and the cold temps are continuing.

Stay warm!