Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Life with Fruit


Still Life with Fruit
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

What a rain-filled day yesterday! Gray skies, warm temps, and constant, heavy rain. We spend the day indoors and I had a chance to rest and paint. The week's activities and long drives made me appreciate the restive time.

My sweet husband set up another work station for me with HIS computer and printer, attached my scanner and other computer needs so that I could continue to work until my own computer gets repaired later this week. Made me cry with his kindness.

Today we celebrate Martin Luther King Day and our school is closed in his honor. There will be parades and speeches as we remember his message of freedom.

May we all take those words to heart and honor one another with the respect and kindness we wish to be shown ourselves.

From his most famous speech:

"I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

Each of us have a dream ...let us work together to make all our dreams a reality. Let freedom, in all its manifestations, ring ...

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Something very different for you. I like it. I guess you really needed the "light!" It was rainy all day here too. Today we have SUN. Yeah!

Yes, a good day to reflect and remember. Why do we always kill our heroes?
Hugs,
Lorraine

Sandy said...

Soooo lovely in paint ans words!

Joan said...

This looks GORGEOUS!!! I love the light filled look to this!!

As MLK's birthday arrived, I thought of his beliefs and how the people of the world are reacting to the disaster in Haiti with care and financial support. I hope that his messages of love have affected us down deep!