Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wildflowers from the Garden - Allan Kirk

Daily Practice
Journal

This is another lesson offered by Allan Kirk (http://www.tarnincolour.com/sbsnew.html). If you check his website, he's offering some wonderful images of France and a method of paint application that is quite fun.

I had to bring my car for its scheduled service yesterday, and the kind folks at Toyota allowed me to use one of their desks so I could paint! Wonderful people, good service, and I was able to use the time well!

We're off to the last day of the conference, so I'll catch up with everyone tonight.

Temperatures were in the 60sF yesterday -- and we're in for a bit more of the warm weather today. It was so nice to shed the down jacket for a bit!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Just perfect! Love the soft effect but detailed enough to know what the flowers are -- love the colors -- and the shadows underneath -- all perfection!

We had a warm-up too -- only to 40 but it was enough to melt most of the snow and I didn't have to heat the disks for the outside kitty condos!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Gorgeous floral!!! Nice colors and harmony.

We have warmed up a bit here too. It should reach about 45 today...maybe I'll take a trip over to the beach and walk on the boardwalk. Enjoy your day!

Teri said...

Loose and lovely with thoughts of spring. I need to go look at his site.