Sunday, March 28, 2010

Inspired by Saucer Magnolias

Daily Practice
Journal

Despite the rain and sudden cold, our Saucer Magnolia, and those of countless others throughout the area, are in magnificent glory! Pinks to burgundy, these delicate trees show their flowers long before their leaves and give our early spring a beautiful welcome.

We spent the day running errands yesterday and enjoying the sun despite the chillier weather. We're in for rain today and grey skies, but a warming trend for the week.

We've dinner guests tonight so lots to do today ....Hope your Sunday is terrific!

4 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

What a pretty painting, Lin. Oh my, blooming magnolias. My first daffodil on the south side of the foundation just bloomed.

Lorraine said...

So soft and such glorious colors. It really brightens my rainy dull day here to see such a lovely bright cheerful painting. And I love the dreamy quality.

Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Absolutely gloriously beautiful!!!!

Joan said...

This makes it feel like spring, even though it is cold, grey, and damp up here. I love the colors!!!

Have a wonderful day!!! I'm planning on a nap (I was up at 5am to drive my niece to the airport) followed by some painting for the WDE. Enjoy your day!