Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Valley - Allan Kirk


Valley - Allan Kirk
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I'm slowly working my way through some of the lessons I purchased from Allan Kirk. I especially like to do these when my weeks are so full that I crawl home more tired than I'd like.

This is one of Allan's lessons -- "Valley" -- and I've tried to keep my approach more 'impressionistic' than I normally am able to achieve. I tend toward 'definition' ... and so even posting this today, I'm itching to get back in there and add more detailing!

We've got a full day of meetings, classes and a late night with an Arboretum lecture tonight ...

The blustery winds of yesterday have settled down and we're in for two days of warm weather - just in time for our trip tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves ....! Enjoy the day!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

It's soft and lovely Lin. And I do see a lot of detail in it although it might not be as defined as you wished. Love the colors and the entire feel of it.

Enjoy the warm weather. After a couple of very cold, rainy days we are again having sun.Yeah!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Looks like sunlit Tuscan hills to me. Beautiful!!! I find it hard not to go in with more detail too. It is hard to stop. lol

Hope you get out to enjoy the warmer weather. It is sunny here today but windy. It was chilly walking this morning, even though the Weather Channel said it was 43!

Teri said...

So lovely and peaceful! Great colors also.