Monday, March 22, 2010

On Point


On Point
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The colors in this watercolor are a bit more reddish-burnt sienna than show in this scan -- but this is as close as I could adjust my screen to show.

I thought I'd try something a bit different -- I love the light here and those rich, warm colors. The paint looks a bit dry brush to me on screen, and I'd like to try this again with a bit more of a 'watery' feel to it -- but I loved the photo reference (from Wet Canvas) and loved the play of light.

It's raining again and a bit cooler - typical flip-flopping of weather during our early springs. We've a few lectures and tours planned this week and classes are busy preparing for our plant sale in less than 4 weeks!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

WOW! You continue to amaze me. This painting is extraordinary -- both in the subject matter and the technique. The colors just glow. Lin, is there anything you can't paint??? Incredible; beautiful! Huge BRAVO.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Oh, Lin, this is GORGEOUS!!! You captured the light and the mood so well.

My niece is a dancer and I only have one photo of her dancing. I need her to put her dancing shoes on and snap away.

Teri said...

I am stunned from the beauty of this painting Lin. Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Love this Lin!!