Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Walk at Duke


A Walk at Duke
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Our walk through Duke Gardens this weekend found every magnolia and plum tree in full glory .....! This scan (though I kept trying!!) just doesn't capture the subtle hues in the white tree (Star Magnolia).....

We had a bit of rain yesterday, blustery winds, a cold night with temps for our trip expected in the 70s ... fickle weather indeed!

The irises are just about ready to pop ... and our Bradford pears are in full bloom -- spring marches on!

We've a busy week with meetings, lecture and a tour, so I'll be on an off the computer -- I hope to catch up this weekend.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh the glorious pink flowered tree against the sky and the greenery is superb. Yes, the white tree didn't come out as clearly but it's still lovely. A gorgeous scene and I love the people!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

That pink just makes everything else perfect! Love the addition of the figures also.

Joan said...

Ohhhhh! Lovely feeling of spring and warmth in this!!! I like the fiures walking into the scene.

I'm heading to my brother's in GA right after Easter. I hope the trees are still in bloom there.

Pat said...

I love that you have posted about the spring blooms. Your painting is right on target.