Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Wisteria


Wisteria
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

A good friend of mine sent me a link to French artist Thierry de Marichalar (http://marichalar.blog4ever.com). I love the light in his work and the flow and fusion of wet in wet work. This painting was done from one of his lessons. In real life, there is more yellow and a bit of darker purples .. but I've had a time trying to get the colors adjusted on two different computers! LOL

It was a good day yesterday with warm enough temperatures to have our students outdoors and working in the gardens. We even found hyacinths in bloom!

Today, it's several talks and teaching and preparing for my training session tomorrow. We're supposed to have rain tonight changing to snow. But the ground is warming and so the snow should be a flurry instead of any kind of accumulation.

I hope to be able to take some photos of the hyacinths before the rain sets in!

Hope your day is grand!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Wow Lin, this just took my breath away in its stunning color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brava!!!

Sandy said...

Oh Lin this is simply Heavenly - and one of my favorite flowers!!

Lorraine said...

What a terrific rendition -- I love the colors and the impressionistic look. Gorgeous.

SO VERY bitterly cold and windy here today. Brr.

Glad you had a warm day and got outside.
Hugs,
Lorraine

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

I also love the colors and impressionistic look. Well done!
Your blog is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.