Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Olive Groves and Poppies


Olive Groves and Poppies
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches CP#140

I'm having one of those weeks where everything I paint, I detest ... this one posted is the ONLY thing I've painted this weekend that comes close to what Ihave been attempting. I know this will pass, but mercy, do I HATE times like this -- frustration and angst! LOL Seems like my muse has taken a few days off herself! LOL

The weather is doing its fickle thing again -- and has turned much cooler. We swing from 90sF to 50s. When I pack for the week I'm packing WINTER and SUMMER clothes --! LOL Crazy times.

We're in for a bit of rain, thank heavens. There is lots of fruit on the trees - blueberries, peaches, apples, figs -- but they need some good, deep water in order to mature to the luscious berries and fruits we hope they will become.

I'm heading back to the paint table and see if my muse will join me!

Happy Day!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Geez, I can sure relate because that's the kind of week I am having also. Must be the weather!

love the play of light in here, beautiful!!

Teresa said...

Such a sunny, beautiful painting! Your kind of weather headed our way for the end of this week.

Lorraine said...

Love the gnarly old trees and the spring greens and yellows but best that bit of red under the trees -- such a neat touch!

Look at lots of art books and your muse will return in no time. Look at the flowers and trees around you; give your eyes and hands/arms a little break from the painting pad and your find your stride again (not that I think you've lost it but I know how you feel).
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I love the strength of the trees and the lovely spring colors. Nice light coming through the trees.

Hope you are happier with what you paint this week. Our weather has turned cold too and was so windy I couldn't sit outside to paint the last few days. I'm going to try it today before the rain comes tomorrow.

Have a good one!