Saturday, May 01, 2010

Salon de The - Allan Kirk


Salon de The - Allan Kirk
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

This painting from one of Allan Kirk's watercolor lessons --- an image that so reminds me of Italy. I couldn't get my scan adjusted to show that in real life the shadows are a bit darker ... when I adjusted THAT, the foliage got too garish ... so just imagine the building a bit pinker with more purply/blue shadows! LOL And if you've missed it -- Allan has a new step-by-step video on his blog ( tarnincolour.blogspot.com/2010/04/tower-st-martin-video.h... - really terrific!

I wish I had news about the art exhibit -- but life events often changes one's plans. I had a doctor appointment first thing yesterday morning -- but there were a few things my doctor wanted to check and so I was sent to the hospital for some procedures to find out more information. My doctor tried to hurry things along so that C and I (prepared with new outfits, a freshly washed car, tickets and eagerness) could make the anticipated exhibit.

After the hours at the doctor's office, and over 4 hours sitting in waiting rooms at the hospital for procedures that took less than 30 minutes, we finally got home at the time the exhibit (a 2 hour drive away) was to begin. Disappointed, you bet. And frustrated as we left all that 'hurry up and waiti' with 'the doctor will call you on Monday." GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

But, on the good side, I'm feeling fine, my 7-day book rental is halfway read, and we managed to get in a dinner with my son and grands .... the high spots of the day!

The grands return today for a longer visit and our gardening work will wait until tomorrow.

Meantime, we're hoping for some rain - the dust is getting thick!LOL

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh what a disappointment. I hope everything is all right with you. I'm so sorry you had to miss the art event. What a bummer.

But glad you got to see your son and the grands and if it's headed in the right direction, rain will be there soon. We were awakened about 2 a.m. with a big booming storm and the rains will continue through Monday.

Your painting is lovely and your description helps me to see it even clearer.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I'm sorry you missed the event. Funny how life throws things at us when we least expect it. Hope all the tests were OK.

Nice job on the painting...I'm trying to adjust the colors in my head. lol It is frustrating when they don't show the way they look.

Have a great day!!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Dear Lin,
You have beautiful new work on your blog. I really like your Orange flowers. Would love to see more paintings with this palette as well.
I'm sorry you missed the art show.
I hope the tests are fine.
Take good care.
Hugs, Jona