Thursday, June 10, 2010

Field of Poppies


Field of Poppies
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal
Montrose Gardens

I continue to return to the photos I took of Montrose Gardens in North Carolina -- paintings at every turn -- and some of the most magnificent fields of poppies I've ever seen.

This painting comes a bit closer to what I've had in my mind and kept trying to achieve! I still have a vision for those yellow/gold ones that I'll keep playing with! LOL

Today we're harvesting as well as having another pot luck lunch. I'll teach the group how to stuff squash and daylilly blossoms and see how everyone enjoys those.

The promised rain is still 'en route'.. so we'll be dashing about this morning to insure our harvest before the rain comes.

Hope your day is great!

6 comments:

Teri said...

This one is also beautiful. I have never seen a field of poppies but have a good idea now that I have seen your beauties.

Lorraine said...

Stupendous!!!!! Love the whole painting -- the colors -- the shapes -- the shading -- the splatter. Just beeeeeautiful.

Yum; lunch sounds good.

Enjoy your day.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Sue Seibert said...

Glorious! I think this is as well as you have done. It is exquisite!

Joan said...

Oooh!!! Love it!!! The reds against the golds are just scrumptious!!!

Glad you enjoyed my painting of the lighthouse at Montauk. Today I posted 2 smaller ones that I did the same day.

Have a great day!!

Patti G. said...

Loving the poppies Lin and your excellent recent pieces too! ALL beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Another wonderful painting. I love poppies and you certainly know how to paint them. Well done.