Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Squash Plant


My Squash Plant
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

After splashing and spattering paint for a while, returning to more traditional methods of watercolor application feels a bit odd. In some ways, I like this work, in many more, I'm not so sure... My attempt was a more considered approach to the squash growing in my garden - and yet, my arm misses that freedom of splashing paint! LOL

Yesterday's trip went very well -- we managed to avoid the rain, but holy moly was it HOT. Still, we were able to remain fairly comfortable with breaks for lunch and visiting each historic building -- all, thankfully, air conditioned.

It's thundering as I type, and we finally completed some drainage work in between bouts of showers. It will still be mighty hot today -- despite the rain.

Hope your day is terrific!

5 comments:

Joan said...

Oooooh!!! I love the colors in this!! Well done!!! I like the one below this too. Your landscapes are so lovely.

Have a great day! I heard on the Weather Channel that it is mighty hot down there.

Casey said...

this is so pretty and delicate - lovely work, Lin!

Lorraine said...

That gorgeous yellow again -- I think it's your color for summer! The details on the leaves and squash flowers are so detailed and delicate. And the green and yellow complement each other perfectly -- just like in nature!!
Stay cool,
Lorraine

Teri said...

The thing is Lin, I love whatever you do!!!

Teresa said...

This is a dazzler! Even though this painting was more "considered" I can still see some of the loose influence. Love this!!!