Thursday, June 17, 2010

Inspired by Orchids


Inspired by Orchids
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Ah, flowers -- they're all around me lately -- and with the rain and hot sun, they seem to be exploding in colors and quantity.

This 'splatter and splash' (I really am enamored with this method! LOL) was done over the weekend. I used my friend's 'iridescent medium' on the stamen, and in real life has just the nicest bit of shine and glitter in the throats of the flowers.

It stormed again last night with another battering of rain ... the weeds are having their way with so many of the gardens ....! LOL

During this time of campus life when most students are gone, it's a plethera of paperwork that keeps us inside -- budgets, plans, meetings, reports. I suppose that could be a good thing in all the heat -- lol

Hope your day is cool and sunny!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Not only beautiful colors but great depth in the blooms!

Lorraine said...

Lovely painting Lin and so bright and colorful. It reminds me of all the Karlyn's paintings I was looking at in her latest book and on her DVD yesterday. You capture her style beautifully!

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!! I love the comp and the color and the technique...oh, I love it all!!! I bought a jar of the irridescent medium the last time I did a Cheap Joe's order, but haven't used it yet. I need to pull it out.

Thanks for starting my day with something so lovely!!! Have a great day!!