Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inspired by Poppies


Inspired by Poppies
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I return to work and limited time to paint -- geez, I really miss those open hours before me where I can think, paint a bit more slowly and thoughtfully ... ah well, the weekend is coming!

This is another splash attempt at poppies. I wish I had saved a bit more white space, but I like the color combos ...

After our garden tours yesterday (HOT!!) I got home to spend most of the evening watering plants -- we still have had no rain. Temps are to cool off today at our second day of workshops -- but today will be spent indoors ... There'll be sessions on pest control, new plants, new agricultural laws, and as always - water, water, water.

Stay cool today ...!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

It's gorgeous Lin -- the colors jump right off the page and the variations in the way the poppies are placed is really interesting and well done. I don't miss the white space at all!

We have a bit of a cool down too, thankfully, way down into the high 80's LOL.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Gorgeous colors just jumping off the page.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Lin, as you know I haven't been here for ages and now I see you have a WONDERFUL new approach to painting flowers. I'm going to have to work my way back through all your posts to catch up. Brava, brava!!