Saturday, June 05, 2010

Inspired by Spring Colors


Inspired by Spring Colors
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

My front garden is finally filling in the bones of a beginning with the various flowers and seeds I have planted and sown over the last two years. It's becoming a riot of surprises - from knock-out roses, to daylilies, to purple cone flowers (they seem to REALLY like that part of the property!) to wave after wave of spider flower. Here and there a long buried petunia seed has taken hold and flowered in bright pinky purple; blanket flowers and rose campions - my own wee cottage garden!

I spent the majority of yesterday in the kitchen making jars upon jars of apricot preserves. The Prunus mumi trees on campus have finally made it through a spring without frost ruining their fruit, and after three years of lost blossoms, I was finally able to make 4 batches of sweet/tart preserves! YAHOO!

Today we're off to the Art Festival - fingers crossed for some sales (mercy, I need some paint! LOL) and some decent attendance. We're in for extremely high temps - in the mid 90sF ... so we're packing ice and lots of water ...

Hope your day is cool and fun!

3 comments:

Teri said...

This is just beautiful!
I know you will sell lots!

Joan said...

Thanks for this colorful treat from your garden!!! Lovely job.

Hope the show goes well and that you survive the heat. I used to do craft shows and went through all kinds of weather conditions...some that brought tears to my eyes. lol Have a great day!!!

Lorraine said...

Oh what glorious colors and they complement each other so beautifully. Such a lovely summer day painting -- as if the flowers were relaxing in the heat!!

I hope you sell out and have a good time, keeping cool and enjoying the day.
Hugs,
Lorraine