Friday, June 25, 2010

Lacecap Hydrangea


Lacecap Hydrangea
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Though the recent extreme temps are giving these magnificent flowers a 'challenge', the lace-cap hydrangeas are still such a magnificent sight! The cool blues and purples of the lace-caps in my garden temper the 100F heat and humidity just by their color and bright spot in the shade.

Hydrangeas come in so many varieties of shapes and forms. I purchased a new variety that is supposed to remain pink despite the pH of the soil -- we'll see .... I am waiting for the weather to cool a bit before I subject another plant to such intense weather!

I'm off for my 3-day workshop with Sterling Edwards. I took a workshop from him last November during Art in the Carolinas -- he's a magnificent instructor and I have been looking forward to another workshop from him since then!

Still no rain and another hot, hot, hot day ... Stay cool ...!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Very well done -- so real I feel I could reach and and feel their petals! I've been noticing a lot of pink and blue ones both in our city! Sometimes side by side???

Well, we had rain, then jungle steam, then a nice breeze and the temps cooled a bit. I sent it your way. Hope it arrives soon!!

Enjoy the class -- three whole days of immersing yourself in art! Good for you.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

WOWZERS! My newest favorite!! Gorgeous!!

Joan said...

I love your play of light on the hydrangeas. Lovely!!!! They look so lacey!

Have a great time at the workshop. Can't wait to see what you do with him.

Enjoy!!!