Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Oxford Tobacco Farm


Oxford Tobacco Farm
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP


This is one of the tobacco farms still remaining in our town. These farmers alternate years for growing tobacco, and t2010 is their year to grow the cash crop. The plants were put out several weeks ago, and aleady they're calf-high.

Wonderful high-cloud skies have also graced the weekend and much sun. This week, though, we're in for bouts of rain so it was good to get some gardening chores done while I could.

I'm dashing to work shortly. Rain is falling, and we've two vans filled with guests for a trip to Tryon Palace gardens and grounds (the first governor's mansion in NC). I hope by the time I get to work, the rain will be done for the day ...

If the trip is on, I'll be gone all day -- I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Have a great one!

3 comments:

ly said...

Hye peace and love from me..
We care e share.,lets take a look
here introducing healthy food supplement products http://www.careco.com.my/

Lorraine said...

Lovely bucolic scene Lin -- love those clouds! Makes me want to sing: Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day, the corn is as high an elephant's eye.....

Have a great trip to the mansion; hope the rain stops for your tour of the grounds.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teresa said...

Gorgeous painting, Lin! You've captured a summery day in Carolina. BTW - I live on a farm... and the farmer who leases the land has planted tobacco this year... first time this farm has seen tobacco in 40 years! It's growing like crazy!