Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sunset Solitude - For Mike


Sunset Solitude - For Mike
Originally uploaded by linfrye
12" x 16"
Arches 140#CP

When my son came to visit me at the Art Festival last weekend, he really liked my painting of a sunset and lake scene done in warm yellows, oranges and siennas. He asked me to paint a similiar scene for him (since I never did paint the motorcycle he asked me to do! LOL) of the marsh in Charleston at sunset.

Yesterday, between preserving 30 jars of jam, planting, weeding, and painting with a friend, I managed to paint this for him ... the original I sent him did not include the bird, but Mike asked me to add the egret/heron--so I found a place for him among the cattails.

ENJOY, Mike!

Today I have another appointment with weed control .. mercy, those things are really persistent! and a few chores in town.

It was such a joy to paint with my friend, Jodi. We thought about painting outdoors, but when temps tipped the scales over 87F, we retreated indoors to paint. I worked a bit on this painting while she was here and we also played with splattering ... wonderful fun, good sharing, and another paint date in a couple of weeks. Friends and painting -- gifts to be sure!

We're in for a couple of days of high humidity and high temperatures, so I'm dashing early to get the weeds hit before it's too hot for the herbicide to work ...

Stay cool!

3 comments:

Joan said...

What a beautiful glow to the sunset!!!! I like the addition of the egret. Mike must love it!!

We have a bit of sun today, so I plan on taking advantage of it and heading to the beach before the showers come back tomorrow. Have a great day!

Teri said...

Glowingly beautiful!!! Lucky guy!

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, although I am not a "seashore" person, this painting takes my breath away. The incredible colors and the incredible glow of the sun and the reflection are outstanding. WOW Lin, while I always love what you paint, this one is mind blowingly gorgeous. You amaze me girl!!!!! So glad Mike asked you to paint it so we can all enjoy it too!
Hugs,
Lorraine