Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wishing for the Cool of Marshlands

Quarter Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Yesterday was a rest and catch-up day with a bit of time to paint. Returning to routine after three intense days takes a bit of effort -- and blueberries, watering, laundry sometimes complain pretty loudly! LOL

This scene has been much on my mind these last few weeks. Our temps have hovered around the 100F mark with little rain, and though C and I had a short escape to the mountains, I am still longing for salt air and cool water, the quiet, restive feel of marshlands ....

I'll be dreaming of these today as I return to work with the rest of the week busy with nursery tours and professional development training. Most of these classes and visits are outdoors and our 'cold front' has yet to arrive.

I'll be away from the computer until late this evening -- have a great day ...!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Gorgeous gorgeous painting of this gorgeous view.

Lorraine said...

Oh the gorgeous light in this one and you have so mastered the "depth" of painting. Incredible Lin and I don't even like marshes!!! But the colors, details and the mastery of this have won me over!!
Hugs and have a good week,
Lorraine

Joan said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so far behind commenting, but this is really lovely!!!

It has been hot here. Between my plein air groups and the beach, and trying to set things up in Italy, I haven't had much time to comment on anything.