Saturday, July 24, 2010

Guys Glowing Lavender Field

Daily Practice
Journal

THANK YOU, Guy! for allowing me to paint from this wonderous image (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10422334@N08/)! The scan this morning doesn't show the subtle golden tones evident in the real painting --- but I so enjoyed the contrasts of gold, blue, lavender and purple -- thank you again, Guy, for the inspiration!

We're in for another 100F day and by now, we - people and landscapes - are collectively wilting ..... I watch the humidity condense on my skylight windows and wish for the relief of rain - but there is little to be had. I'm thinking of resorting to painting snow to try to cool off! LOL

Despite all this heat, those grape tomatoes are STILL producing like mad. I picked another quart yesterday - and the constant hum of my dehydrator is the music hit of the summer ....

Stay cool ...!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Lin, those colors are glorious!!

Lorraine said...

Love the contrast of the deep purple and the yellow. And all the shades in between make a lovely background for them. and your details on the lavender are wonderful.

Yes, another scorcher here today too and no rain in the forecast. Stay cool!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

WOW these colors POP off the screen. This is stunning Lin.