Thursday, July 01, 2010

Inspired by Anemone Cups


Inspired by Anemone Cups
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I think this painting needs another anemone cup - but that's how the splatter played. I painted this several weeks ago - and I'm posting it now as my painting attempt late last night didn't work out the way I wanted. I'm trying to learn another technique and mercy, I sure made a mess!! LOL

Back to the office today to catch up on paper and harvesting for Plant a Row for the Hungry. I also teach our volunteers to make plum preserves - but without water. The town's water supply has been contaminated, and so I hope we've enough bottled water to meet our obligations for the rest of the week ...

We had delightfully cool temperatures yesterday, but we (my garden anyway) didn't get any rain from all the cloud cover. I have to admire those grape tomatoes -- despite the heat, lack of rain, and high humidity, they are producing like rabbits! LOL But our heavy-laden peaches really need some rain to sweeten and ripen .... Ah, the vicissitudes of nature!

Have a terrific day!

6 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Another beauty!

Teri said...

Love those dark brilliant colors.

Lorraine said...

Nah, the two rows of three are perfectly balanced! What deep and royal color!!! I'm almost glad your attempt last night didn't meet your satisfaction, else we might not have had the pleasure of this beauty!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Lorraine said...

Nah, the two rows of flowers are perfectly balanced -- a 7th is not needed!! Wow; deep and glorious color. I'm almost glad your attempt last night did not work to your satisfaction, else we wouldn't have seen this beauty!!

Sorry to hear about the water supply; that is very difficult to deal with.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Sue Seibert said...

Lovely!

Joan said...

The colors in this are just gorgeous!!!! I love the deep purple with the tint of green. I also LOVE the poppies below this one. It makes me feel like I'm in a field of poppies.

I've been running around trying to enjoy LI before heading to Venice. I feel like I'm on a whirlwind trying to do the beach, the pool, sketch night, plein air, and see people before I go. I think I'm trying to do too much at once. lol Luckily the weather has been cooperating...a bit cooler today, but lovely.

Enjoy!