Monday, July 12, 2010

Inspired by Elephants


Inspired by Elephants
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Inspired by Jean Haines and Bill's Hen challenge, I'm trying to find more animals in my splashes. The theory has always been to write and paint what one knows .... I've studied flowers for years, as well as love them, therefore,I tend to 'see' flowers in my abstractions. Trying to see other things is a good exercise -- and learning their shapes and parts is a good stretch too. I have a bit more to learn about elephants for sure -- but I did manage to see ears and trunks here and the beginning of a body .... Fun...

Work week begins again -- the rain dance continues ....

3 comments:

Teri said...

Well, I don't see elephants Lin but these are such gorgeous colors, who cares.
I'm like you, LOVE those blooms!

Lorraine said...

Oh I see 4 elephants -- such wonderfully colored ones -- did you get into the catnip LIN? LOL. Oh I think this is so much fun and can't wait to try it.

Teri, look again -- the ears and the trunk of the elenphants (as the kids say), so cool.

We had a tiny bit of rain this morning after a dry weekend so keeping our fingers crossed too.

Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Love the Queen Anne's lace and your splashy, colorful elephants.

I am slowly gathering things for the trip! Nothing has been packed yet. lol