Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inspired by Faux Glads


Inspired by Faux Glads
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

The gladiolas in my garden are long gone, but I wanted to try to achieve a splatter and splash done more vertically --- I probably should have made that right hand 'shoe' into a leaf -- but I thought it was interesting in itself! LOL

I'm off for the next five days to Kentucky to spend some much-anticipated time with a dear friend I haven't seen in five years! She's planned a ton of things to do, including a bit of painting -- and I'm so very excited!

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with everyone until I return next week ... meantime, though, my brushes will definitely be wet ...

Hope yours will be too ...

3 comments:

Joan said...

Love the colors and negative work...even the shoe!!! The flower below is spot on with the color!!!! Wow! Have a great time in Kentucky!!

Lorraine said...

I love the colors in this, teal being my favorite and it goes so well with the pinks in the flowers. Gorgeous.

To all: Lin arrived yesterday and after talking non-stop and having lunch, we arrived home from the airport and talked ourselves hoarse, had dinner and then finally -- wet our brushes.

Lin is a great instructor and showed me how to make the gorgeous splatter and splash abstract circles. My technique needs lots of work!!

Lin gifted me with, among other treasures, a t-shirt of those marvelous circles so you will see them soon on her Zazzle site. Incredible gorgeous in yellow.

Oh it is so good to see my dear dear friend after 5 long years.

Today we are off to see something of the local horse farms, eat some KY food, visit a wonderful art and crafts store and then to an early evening arts and crafts fair -- and we hope leave a bit of time for painting again tonight.
Cheers,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!!

Hope your vacation is wonderful and relaxing and you are painting up a storm.